In 2008, I didn't put any resolution. I knew what I wanted to achieve but I didn't put it down on paper or anything.
Why then am I starting one for 2009? Well, I think it's good to have something to aim for.
I know there are alot of ways to make resolutions. Some people put down as many as possible, but don't achieve all of them. This type of mentality is the 'Aim high high, achieve just right' mentality, the person will be satisfied because he/she would have done more vs having only a few resolutions and not achieve all of them.
Me, I like things simple. Call me lazy, but I think identifying a few key things in your life you want to achieve and have pin point focus to meet them is more meaningful.
So here I am, afternoon of the final day of 2008. Thinking about my resolutions for 2009.
What do I want out of 2009?
- Return to Penang or anywhere in Malaysia. So I could be nearer to my family and friends.
- Take care of my health, this means eating right and have a fair amount of exercise.
- Read more. After coming to India, I started reading more than I ever did back in Malaysia. Have to keep this up and continue to improve on it.
- Reconnect with people. Yes, i'm lousy at keeping relationships. Either with family or with people. So will actively get in touch with people I lost touch with.
- Travel. I am ashamed to say, for 2 years in India I have not been to many places. And also the same could be said for the rest of the world. So next year, I'll try to at least travel twice out of where I'm stationed.
cheers and happy new year!