Sunday, August 11, 2013

Discipline

I don't have discipline when it comes to writing. 

There, I said it. 

I think alot of things do boil down to discipline, when you have it, it's easier to plan and execute. When you don't, there are always reasons to get in the way.

 I wrote alot more when I was living in India, maybe because I was alone. But that's just another excuse.

Today if i want to write, I can just whip out my Smart phone and type away. 

I remember back then, I set myself a target of 2 blog post a week. And I kept to that. 

Recently I started running, as I realized I am no longer in my 20s and health needs to take a more important role in my life.

How does running factor into writing? It's the same I suppose, I've started running, I need discipline to meet my running distance set for the month. 

On writing, I should have more to write nowadays. Given that I joined a new company, got married and having my wife moved down to Singapore to stay together.

Discipline, it's an interesting word. Defined in the oxford dictionary 

dis·ci·pline
activity, exercise, or a regimen that develops or improves a skill; training: A daily stint at thetypewriter is excellent discipline for a writer.

Well, one of it anyway.

My point to myself is, if I want to do something, I should be able to. 

I love writing, though I'm not very good at it. Probably it's a better way for me to express myself. 

There are ways to improve of course, but it also comes accordance with reading. The more you read, the better you can compose. 

So right now, 3 things to get disciplined about:

1) Running
2) Reading
3) Writing

what's my goal? I know it, and I'll leave it that way. 

Hope to have more back here soon. 

Note to future self, if you meet your goals, give yourself a good pat on the back. If not, try harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know me, leave a message lah!
If you don't know me, also leave a message so we can know each other?